Saturday, November 25, 2006

New Clipse!

At last, there is a contender for album of the year...Clipse's "Hell Hath No Fury", to be released at the end of this month, contains the best production effort from the Neptunes in years who in my mind are the stars of this record. The production is dark, minimal and at times very sci-fi - most songs sound like warped versions of would-be club records. Maybe the best example of this, also happening to be my favourite song on the record, is Trill...posted below:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hhcrq1

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this album. There's only one weak track on the whole album, and i don't even dislike it, it's just ok, that song is "dirty money". Other than that, i find the production is outstanding and sounds like nothing i've really heard before. I was slightly disappointed in some of the lyrical content, but that said I still believe the clipse to be on top of their game when it comes to metaphor, storytelling and honesty. I think it'll probably be my favourite album of the year, they just have something about them that allows me to enjoy it more than i can enjoy straight up coke rap, or bling rap (which, don't get me wrong, I love), but the clipse just demand more respect, they demand to be taken more seriously. They are the smartest rappers around right now, in terms of perspectives, in terms of self-awareness and in terms of lyrical content. I love their flows, and their swagger is out of control without being cartoonish ala dipset (which, don't get me wrong, I love). I kind of wish they had gone a bit further with this album, pushed their lyrics further as I feel they did on Lord Willin'. Maybe I should just put up another post where i rave about this album, oh hold on, i guess i just did that.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home